The BCom programme provides a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and various specialized operations such as accounting, finance, marketing and human resource by offering a comprehensive curriculum.
The three year BCom degree programme is divided into six semesters and is designed as per the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) model curriculum prescribed by UGC. It includes core papers, discipline specific electives, generic electives and skill enhancement courses. Discipline specific electives offered in the fifth and the sixth semesters are in the following streams: Human Resource & Marketing Management, Banking & Insurance and Accounting & Finance.
Students are also required to complete two inter-disciplinary open elective courses in diverse disciplines [Humanities / Sciences] during the first two years of the BCom programme after regular class hours. Successful completion of two such courses is mandatory for obtaining the BCom degree. Each open elective course will enable students to earn two extra credits.
Objectives of the BCom Programme
1. To provide a strong foundation and understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and business management.
2. To develop knowledge and skills in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Insurance, Marketing, Human Resources, Taxation, etc. by adopting learner centered pedagogical practices.
3. To develop competency in students to pursue higher level programmes such as CA, CWA, ACS, MBA or other Masters’ Programmes in Commerce / Management.
4. To enhance practical knowledge and employability through real-time competitions, projects and internships.
Programme Outcome :
The programme aims to equip students with necessary knowledge, skills and other attributes so as to prepare them for participating in any modern business environment, practice in any commercial profession and to pursue further academic endeavours. Graduates of this degree will be able to demonstrate their skills in Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Investments, Banking, Insurance, Marketing, Human resource management and Organizational Behavior along with the knowledge of quantitative techniques and other major theories of Economics associated with these subjects. The graduates will be able to demonstrate their communication and literary skills in English and other Indian languages. The Curricular and Extracurricular activities are designed in a way so as to provide for Holistic development of an individual.
Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by any other method the instructors find suitable to deliver better learning. Some suggested methods are;
• Case Studies
• Role Plays
• Seminars and Presentations
• Simulation Exercises
• Current Affairs Sessions relevant to the topic
• Quiz Sessions
• Field study reports
• Periodic Tests
• Article reviews
• Discussion forums
• Case analysis
• Group discussions
• Assessment of Class Participation in case studies and discussions.
Copyright 2020, SVR Institutions | All Rights Reserved.